The Pathway of Revival Pt 2
The fundamental components of personal revival are humility, confession, and true repentance before a Holy God. No generation is complete without experiencing a personal and corporate revival. Here are some action steps:
1. Acknowledge your need for revival. Humble yourself before the Lord. Get real!
2. Examine your own life to see if anything has become more important than your relationship with the Lord. Ask for the Holy Spirit to reveal the Lord and your sin.
3. Repent for any and all sin — both sins of commission, and sins of omission (failure to do right).
4. Forgive anyone who has wronged you. If necessary, go to them to make it right.
5. Make a decision to walk in integrity and truth in all of your actions and relationships.
6. Commit yourself to quality time reading and meditating on God’s Word.
7. Discipline yourself to a daily time of prayer. Ask the Holy Spirit to direct you as you intercede. Don’t let anything or anyone rob your time with the Lord.
8. Pray for revival in your heart first and then in your family. Do spiritual warfare for revival in your local church and then in your community. Intercede for revival in the lives of governmental officials on the local, state, and national levels. Pray for revival in the nation. Finally, pray that revival would spread from nation to nation until “the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the Lord as the waters cover the sea” (Is. 11:9).
9. Renew your commitment to church fellowship and accountability. Walk-in faith together with others who are zealous for the Lord.
10. Begin sharing your faith with others as the Lord directs you. Trust that God will give you Divine opportunities to witness for Him. Encourage others around you to take the Gospel outside the walls of the church and into your community.
The Bible says “You will find Him if you look for Him with all your heart,” (Deuteronomy 4:29).